Re: about views

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hitesh Patel" <hitesh@presys.com>
To: "Adam "Tauvix" Debus" <northstar@delsol.net>;
<northstar-devel@brownkid.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: about views

> eeck.. daemonize a perl process running under a web server... sounds like
fun
> ;-)
>
> I just figured out to do this on another project.. let me take a stab at
it..
> if anyone has more experiance with this sort of thing speak up because i'm
> shooting in the dark a bit (C is fine, but only done this once in Perl...
and
> most of that was from 'perldoc perlipc')

    Is there any real reason it would actually have to talk back to the
NorthStar.cgi script? If we are doing a launch and forget, could we not
either do a

$scriptpath = $cgi->param('copyloc');

`$scriptpath/copyscript.pl -v1 view1 -v2 view2`;

or a fork of some kind and have done with it?

Okay, yeah, it's a kludge from hell, but it would (probably) work...

Mind you, I'm nothing more then a Net Admin with very little actual
programming experience aside from small scripts, and there may be a very
good reason you don't want to do that, and I am certianly willing to be
taught!

Adam "Tauvix" Debus
Network Administrator, ReachONE Internet
adam@reachone.com