Re: Permissions

On Friday 31 May 2002 12:30 pm, Adam \"Tauvix\" Debus wrote:
> Hi Hitesh,
>
>     Do I have to have a seperate permissions bit for every function I want
> to make user callable?
>
>     For example, I've got the shreport function, and then I want to have a
> runreport funcation that is called by the form on the shreport page...

I would recommend doing something like this to keep from having to register
another perm bit..

sub ShowReport {
 if($cgi->param('_done')) {
   ShowReportRun();
 } else {
   ShowReportPage();
 }
 return();
}

sub ShowReportRun {
 <code to run the report>
}

sub ShowReportPage {
 <output the html template>
}

Then on your html page have the submit button look like this:

<input type="submit" name="_done" value="Run Report">

I'm converting everything to work like this right now.. should make things
much cleaner...

> Adam "Tauvix" Debus
> Network Administrator, ReachONE Internet
> adam@reachone.com

- --
| Hitesh Patel                    |  Voice: (541) 759-3126     |
| Network Engineering Manager     |  Fax:   (541) 759-3214     |
| Preferred Communications Inc.	  |  Email: hitesh@pciwest.net |