[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
A couple of questions
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: A couple of questions
- From: "Adam \"Tauvix\" Debus" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:11:26 -0700
- Delivered-to: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
Hello! Are you sick of hearing from me yet? :)
I've got a couple, hopefully quick, questions...
1) I'm working on creating a perl script that will take the data in the
database (mysql) and turn it into reverse DNS (IN-ADDR.ARPA) files. I
notice that you hash the IP Address into an integer (the logic of which is
supplied in the contrib directory in the CVS version). I was wondering if
you have the logic for turning that number back into an IP address, or if
that is even possible. Another thought I had was the possibility of using
the "label" field of the networks column, and executing a split on the '/'
character. If this were something that you would want to distribute in the
contrib directory, what would be your prefered method to maintain the most
compatibility with future versions?
2) If I add a view, and then try to use the java applet, it comes back with
an exception: "java.lang.NumberFormatException: <HTML>"
3) And speaking of views, I'm looking at the possibility of modifying the
vew system so that there is a "Master View" (Default View) that can see all
networks all the time, and then "Sub-Views" that networks/subnets/addresses
can belong to, for example a DSL view or a T1 Customer view. In addition to
this the ability to switch the view a Network/Subnet/Address belongs to, as
well as the possibility for them to belong to more then one view. This would
probably involve a move to a binary form of View IDs (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32,
64...) so that you could still store the view ID(s) in a single field
(Example, View ID # of 7 means that it belongs to View 1, 2, and 4)... Any
thoughts on where to begin looking at this?
Adam "Tauvix" Debus
Network Administrator, ReachONE Internet